Nice Bike Guv'nor!  (I assume that it's a Pashley?)

I notice your bars on your path racer are at a rather "rakish" angle,
as others have mentioned what about leveling the bars out?  Puts you
more upright which increases the wind resistence but may releive some
of the weight on your hands.  I have also heard of riders on long
distance rides setting a timer on their watch to beep every X minutes
(5 10 15 whatever) as a reminder to change hand position.  In theory
this will alleviate numbness cramps etc.  It looks like you would have
at least 3 options or hand position on your current bars, well 4 if
you count riding no hands.

If you are using bar tape rather than grips I really love Specialized
bar PHAT tape -very plush.

Sounds like an epic ride.  Let me know if you need any "while in
Seattle.."  suggestions.

Of course you know it rains 9 months a year up here right ;-)

Ryan

Seattle WA