Hi Ted, I was running the stock 40/32 rings with a Surly Dingle 17/21 fixed
cog. I thought the hills were effin' steep.
https://flic.kr/p/mMU4bk
https://flic.kr/p/4YmkCu
I also used an S3X hub and a mountain bike up there. The fixed drivetrain made
descents more confidently controllable, I thought, but slower. It was basically
all logging roads up, some singletrack traversing and descending, then more
logging roads down. It's fun. No table drops, or ripping gravity car runs down
the graded road, but fun. All that area is really fun, especially with an off
leash dog - they can really run.
I did ride in Annadel with fatter tires (Smokes) and the 32x15, too.

It's no harder or weirder than any of the other things people on this list do
with bikes.

Philip
www.biketinker.com