It was wonderful to sell off all my old Look pedals/shoes/cleats a few
years back (along with my tubular tires and wheels).

Now I use solely (get it?) SPD or platform. Shimano A520 on my main
road bikes. Very supportive for long rides.  For mixed riding on my
Allrounder and Quickbeam (commute/errands/long&serious), I like the
platform/SPD combo Shimano A530. Great pedal.

Platforms are on my 3speed and mountain bike. The 3speed has the Grip
Kings, a misnomer if there ever was one. I have found I really like
BMX pedals on my mtn bike. When things get dicey, I am more willing to
push it if I can immediately get my foot down off a platform pedal.
Also I occasionally do hikes/jogs in the middle of a mtn bike ride and
like to have a trail shoe for that.