On Oct 12, 2009, at 1:50 PM, 40_Acres wrote:

> I feel as if I'm committing an act of heresy, but I'm very curious to
> hear others thoughts.  I'm no stranger to riding in sneakers on
> platform pedals, or to using old-school quills and toe clips (with and
> without cycling-specific shoes).  When I bought my AHH this Summer, I
> decided to give both platforms and quills a serious go of it.  After
> 4.5 months I'm back to clipless pedals, even for short errands around
> town.  Any fellow heretics out there?

On my All-Rounder, tandem, road bike and cross bike you will observe
Speedplay Frogs.  On my 3 speed home-built commuter you will find
Campy quill pedals and PowerGrips.  In the winter that bike also gets
Frogs to accommodate my Lake winter boots.

I like to spin and clipless pedals work better for me for this.  But
it's nice to have at least one bike I can hop on and ride with almost
any shoes.