In my opinion DT shifters are for people who *really* like the look and
simplicity, then adapt to the shifting. I happen to be one of those
look/simplicity appreciators, but my attempt to get used to it a couple
years ago was a no-go. Friction shifting at the bar-ends is ridiculously
easy, and the extra work needed to reach down for on-the-tubers just wasn't
worth the trouble for me.