Ted, et al engineer types: I happily bow to your knowledge on the angles
and leverage, though I was told the opposite (as I understood it) before I
made the change. Interestingly, either way, the experience went from slushy
brakes (short saddle cable, < 90˚ intersection with the brake arm) and
salmon pads, to passable strength except in single track steep descents
(long saddle cable, close to 90˚ intersection with the brake arm). But that
point is mute now, as the Paul's are wonderful! I look forward to snow-free
trails so I can try them out!

With abandon,
Patrick