I am glad to hear you survived the accident. I had something similar with a
fully loaded porteur rack with Wald basket break at the springboard. I was
lucky and stayed upright as my bike was like a plow. Then I saw a trick on
the Riv site of putting a toe strap around the rack and the head tube. This
worked great when the springboard broke a second time and the strapped held
it in place. At that point I got rid of both my porteur racks.

As for your new build, I see you are using a single ring, are you going
with nine in the back? Second question, are you going to use a chain keeper
to minimize any chain drops of the front?

Looking forward to seeing your final build.