i purchased a new hunq frame a couple of years ago. it was a lot of money
and still is a lot of money for me. my wife still thinks that the whole
bike was 2k, not just the frame. since then, i bought a used sam from a too
generous group member. the hunq is racked and bagged and adorned with nice
parts. it sleeps in the house and is ready for anything. the sam is more
minimal and gets me around town 80% of the time. it has a few dings and is
dirty and sleeps in the garage. i know im never going to be into super fast
road riding or crazy mountain biking, so these two bikes are likely the
last two bikes ill ever buy.

it stings a bit that the joe appaloosa didnt come out two years ago,
because i imagine that it splits the difference between my two bikes for
less than the price of one. i wish there was a reason/room for one, but my
bases are covered.  i hope its not such a good idea at such an ok price
that it decommissions the atlantis/hunq/sam. if it was around back then, it
would be the only choice for me, far and away.