thanks Jan, in a way the casings thing is apples and oranges, in that,
manufacturing vulcanized tires and hand-glued tires is apples and oranges.
 The casings that Jan worked out with Panaracer are special, and Panaracer
has jumped on it in several new lines of tires.  Since Jan brought up
Challenge again, the Strada Biancas are noticeably quieter than Compass ELs
(in 32mm or 38mm).  The energy producing that sound has to come from
somewhere.  Still not a bad thing, again apples and oranges - I love my
Barlows and will be buying more as I wear them out.  They are very fast and
ridiculously comfortable.  Something else that is nice about the Barlows is
the confidence that big footprint gives you when cornering.