I've posted in that thread!!   I always have to check out any thread with
Rivendell, RBW or Grant Petersen in the title.

The "What is the poor man's Rivendell" thread is fascinating.  I forget how
many pages it's up to but it's an old and very long thread.

http://www.bikeforums.net/commuting/631114-what-poor-man-s-rivendell.html