I have the 24" and am on the short side at 5'7" and it fits great. Never
thought twice about it once I got it (and I way overthought it before
ordering, and was put off by this the longest time till I rode someones
Jones). This is from a dirtrag article, I'm sure Jeff has some blurb
somewhere as well":

"Though Jeff ‘s claim of proper fit for riders 5’5” to 6’2” may seem
dubious, I now believe it to be valid for the vast majority of people. As
rider height increases the virtual seat tube slackens to accommodate taller
riders, and conversely steepens for shorter riders. In conjunction with a
longer or shorter stem, the rider’s fore-aft weight distribution remains
similar, regardless of height. For perspective, Jeff designed this bike
around his six-foot self."