Eric explained how the Jones designs accommodates a range of riders in a
single size, and Geeter pointed out that there's a Small (23") to go with
the Medium (24") and the Large (25").

That's all very good, but still not what I was asking.  I was asking how
one chooses a size or how Jones recommends a size.  How does it work?
 Since nobody has answered that, I'm guessing that it's probably exactly
like I bought my mountain bike.  I looked at some numbers on the Niner
webpage and I guessed.  I built it up and I changed the things I felt like
I needed to change.  That's pretty much how all mountain bikes work, and
it's totally fine.  Nobody "gets fit" on a mountain bike.  Guess, buy, and
ride.  Tweak if needed, and guess again if you got it wrong.  The more
guesses you've made the more likely your next guess will be a good one.

The reason I asked how it worked is that Jones bikes are being lauded as
surprisingly good road bikes.  Road bike fitting is more prescriptive, and
road riding involves sitting there in basically the same position on the
bike for hours on end, so it kind of needs to fit to be comfortable.
 Mountain biking is much more of a dynamic activity.  You are moving around
with the bike in completely different ways, and so 'fit' is not really a
concrete defined thing.  If the Jones is a bike that people use for long
road rides, I wondered if the fitting was prescriptive and precise like
road bike fitting, or was more of a 'guess and tweak' process, like
mountain bikes.  Sounds like it is more the latter, which is fine.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA