All this talk makes me feel that getting rid of my Jones may be a mistake.
(shameless plug for current sale ;)  I don't ride the Plus and the Diamond 29
only comes in a 23".  When spending this amount of money on a bike and being
told one size (or two) fits a range, it's hard not to be skeptical.  My PBH is
~84cm at 5'10".  Jeff suggested the stem length which seems the only necessary
part needed to change fit.  It is amazing how I can feel upright and super
comfortable for long rides, aggressive when I want to be, and good in technical
stuff.  Loop bars are a big reason. She ain't light tho, super stout.  I run
Schwalbe Big Apples on road and trail and with good pressure, does a nice job.
All the buzz seems to be on the Plus but the 29 is a great all around bike.  I
think Jeff is filling many folks Holy Grail bike dream.