I second to call Jeff.

>From what I remember they only had one size for a long time, the 24", which
was meant for a wide variety of riders. The more you raise the seat the
longer the effective top tube becomes, and from there it's a matter of
saddle position and stem length to dial it in. I think some taller riders
pushed for the 25". And this is the first I've heard of the 23".

I talked w/ Jeff and based off what he told me he directed me to a certain
stem length and cut the steerer. Haven't messed with it since I unboxed it.

On Bill's point of road vs. mtn biking I think the same fit principles
apply for the Jones either way. It's not a drop bar road bike. With road
bikes and drop bars there is a lot more fine tuning to get comfortable as
you're leaned over in an aero position with a lot of weight on the
handlebars and things you want to account for for speed. There's a lot more
versatility w/ the Jones w/ the ec bottom bracket, loop bars, etc. As I'm
not the best at explaining things, call Jeff ;)