when doing an s24os i tend to overpack and realize a lot of it is
unnecessary. i've been paring down each time. you'll probably have to
experiment with what works for you.

like others have said, i always bring a insulated pad for hammock if it's
below 50 degrees or higher altitudes. you lose a lot of heat very quickly
through the bottom of the hammock. i believe jeff might be talking about
underquilts or downquilts, which are definitely nicer and lighter, and a
bit more pricey, but if you foresee a lot of hammock camping, then i think
it's worth it, as pads can move around while you sleep in the hammock and
bulky to pack.

i always bring a rain fly, it doesn't weigh much, and if you get caught in
unforeseen rain, it can make your night very cold and very miserable. if
it's cold, i'll just set it up fairly close to my hammock, to trap some of
the heat and block wind.

i usually like to bring cheese, crackers/instant oatmeal, whiskey, dried
meats for dinner so i don't have to cook after riding all day. and then
eggs, peppers, onions, more cheese, leftover dried meat to make omelet and
coffee in the morning before heading out. i sometimes pre-cut everything.

i'm an avid coffee drinker, and found i need a lot of water to replace the
diuretic effect of coffee.

i also always bring a rope, and try to hang all my food high and away from
the campsite. i usually just put all my food in one bag or pannier and use
that to hang up. may or may not be necessary, but just habit for me.

small dry bag for your phone and wallet!