Yes indeed it (your AR)  does look beautiful and  has aged well. My A/R
(1997) and road (2001) has received many compliments over the years   from
  the non-ferrous crowd  as well as others. Rivendells  are just flat-out
handsome bikes  and people who love bikes (big tent, don't forget) are very
intrigued by them. I'm   intrigued by newer stuff as well, even though I
can't see myself buying, say, a Cervelo anytime soon. Doesn't mean I'm not
curious. I just love bikes