Just food for thought..... what is the purpose of say the electric typewriter,
and computers, and smartphones, and digitizing pictures and music and ideas ?
After all, a ribbon typewriter worked just fine, so does a pencil and paper and
books and vinyl records and magnetic tape. Wired phones work great and sound
great, highly compressed cell service sounds like crap on the best of phones.
Why are autos controlled by computers too? Carbs work just fine and so does
manual shifting. Big ass V8 motors rock, 3,4,6 cylinder do not. Cars used to
have style, now they all look alike and designed on a computer and look like
computer drawings.... no style at all. And TV's , analog film, and tubes have a
quality about them even the best of digital tv can only hope to mimic but never
meet. Don't let all the techno jargon fool you into believing "new" is any
better, it's just another way to accomplish things.

Do people need 500 tv channels when they cann only actually watch a handful?
What's the point in paying for stuff you don't need or even want ? Oh yeah,
back to the bike world.... do we need crab-on bike frames, what is the point?
They too have no style, look like computer generated images. They are light-er?
 When is light light enough? Oh, when the UCI says bikes have to weigh so amny
pounds minimum? Uhhhh, okay. Heck, I have been asked why ride a bike, what is
the point ? Good question, and like everything else of my life, I exist to
exist and riding a bike is included in existence so needs no point beyond that,
nor is there one. Why do I walk, why stand, why breathe , heck why exist at all
?  Well, I exist and there is nothing that can change this fact, so any
reasoning as to how or why could never be as glorious as the fact that I do.

This was fun☺