completely agree. i see more parents in the morning taking their kids to
school by bike and they are usually on an e-bike in office clothes. makes
sense - you want to drop your kids off and get to work on time, maybe not
get too sweaty before getting into the office. then after work, could have
a more leisurely bike ride back home.

i am also of the mindset that the more bikes become convenient for
non-enthusiasts and seen as a useful and viable mode of transportation, the
better roadway infrastructure and interactions with cars and drivers will
be.

if i wasn't into bikes and just needed something to get me around, i would
pick up a faraday porteur.