We've experimented with putting bionx kits on a riv or two.  The utility
factor can't be denied.  From an aesthetic factor....I ended up taking them
off.  They were bionx aftermarket kits and they had excellent range,
function etc etc. They were just too ugly for a Riv.

We recently got a demo Copenhagen wheel....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT6-MCThI1S/?taken-by=yellowhausbicycles

Doesn't have the range but who-wee, does it make a different aesthetic
statement.  I've ridden a lot of junky feeling e-bikes and this technology
is at the top in terms of ride quality. Easily swapped out or from bike to
bike too.  I can only imagine that as battery capacity continues to
excel....this particular design (all-in-one battery/motor etc) will be the
norm.