Steve, we had an Audi R6 wagon for a while.  It was an amazingly fun car to
dive, but I could barely fit a bike in -even with the wheels off, and doing so
inevitably marred up the fabric surfaces.  The american wagons (well, the dodge
anyway - not sure about about the cadillac), which sadly haven't been made for
a few years now,  still seemed to be a bit utiliatarian.  Boxier and more
rugged.  That's all I was referring to.