Thanks so much for all of your help and suggestions. It’s more than likely I
will end up going with the WI. I’ll just have to learn to live with the black
rings. For those of you that have or have used this crank....  what can you
tell me regarding its compatibility with STI? Does it shift nicely? Is there
anything I should be aware of?

Also, since opening this discussion, I’ve done a bit of research and thinking
regarding gearing and the front chainrings’ toothcount. I’ve gotten some good
advice and think I’ll end up with a 48/32(with a 12-34 11sp cassette in back.)
This is a pretty sizable jump it seems. Doable, but advisable? The 48 will
likely give me the biggest gear I’ll need, and the 32 will make handling the
hillier hills much more pleasurable. But do you think I’ll compromise shifting
with a 16 tooth jump? Would anyone suggest a different 11sp cassette?

Thanks again.