I'm glad that no one was badly injured. I've had my share of falls,
fortunately, fewer than might have been, but I've had some quasi miraculous
saves, one in particular when I was bombing along a dirt path racing a guy
on a dirt bike (motorbike) in the distance (I was much younger then) and
stupidly looking at him instead of my route. I turned to look forward *just* in
time to see a 12 or 15 inch wide ditch across my path -- and instinctively
did a bunny hop that saved me from a very violent header. Thank God,
particularly for pedal retention!

Another time I wasn't so lucky: stupidly got my front wheel in a cattle
guard, flipped, and saw the bike tumbling after me, viewed head down
through my legs. Stupid motor traffic was snickering as I picked myself up,
but a couple of hillbilly types out of Deliverance stopped and offered me a
ride to the hospital. Publican and Pharisee! Bruised a rib or 2 and had
some scrapes, but otherwise I was fine. Needed a new front wheel, though.

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 10:49 PM Lum Gim Fong <john11.2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My wife went over the bars with the cheapy v brakes and cheapy levers on
> her Raleigh Detour. She did not get hurt.
> But upon me test riding right after the rear derailer got wrapped up in
> the spokes.
>
> Once she was passing over perpendicular to an 8 inch wide x 20 foot
> fissure in the road about two inches deep and crashed. Again, unharmed. I
> am guessing somehow her 35mm front tire got hung up in the split in the
> road and stopped the bike.
>
> Once I got my pedal touched on a curb and endoed on my Giant Defy bike.
> Once my 23mm tire on same got caught in sidewalk mold line and crashed.
> Once went off MUP, and crashed upon front wheel not making it back up
> blacktop at 45 degree angle. Was new rider in all three instances. Got hit
> by car on my Bleriot. I praise God that me and wife not injured in these
> crashes. Just minor scrapes.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique