Shoe Goo would be wonderful if it didn't finally congeal to a immovable
mass. I've used it for almost 40 years for running shoes and cycling shoes,
and I use it for a lot of miscellaneous around-the-house fixes; but never
in an application where I might have to remove it after it has dried hard.
Hell, it's hard to get off my fingers

How do you remove it? Perhaps it does come off of smooth, painted metal
tubes in a way it certainly doesn't come off of shoe soles or plastic
surfaces I've glued with it? Note that I live where humidity dips to 5% in
summer (49% when I checked this afternoon), so perhaps things are different
where you live, but I am very curious and hope you can confirm your
experience. I have a folding Dahon fixie that I'd love to use Shoe Goo on
for attaching the rear light wire.