Spring winds season beginning; winds today moderately brisk at gusts to 30;
but it's also 10* cooler than yesterday, and I was down late last night and
up early this morning for work.

Ride or not to ride? Actually, this is a discussion question. Me, I've
decided not to ride, since I'm tired -- unless I ride to church this
evening.

But the discussion: How do youse handle wind? What do you consider a strong
wind, and where do you stop riding?

I know Dn Patrick rides up glaciated mountain trails with gale-force winds
while smoking a pipe, but I mean more merely mortal (just came up with that
one!) men and mwomen.

I've ridden in 35 mph winds, back when it was warm, I was younger, and
there were multiple gears; in fact I recall one day when winds were gusting
to 45-50 and I was out on my mountain bike: the sorts of wind where you
have to stand to make progress on the flats. Now I think twice if winds
much exceed 20 -- tho' there is dirt riding in the somewhat protected
bosque. I've added middle gears, as well as cruising and bailouts, to the 2
Rivs for this year's winds.

What's your technique, mental as well as physical? What gear? Or do you
take a walk, or just doze by the fire or over your iPad? Me, I'll take a
walk in the bosque.

--

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

*Still 'round the corner there may waitA new road or a secret gate,And
though we pass them by today,Tomorrow we may come this wayAnd take the
hidden paths that runTowards the Moon or to the Sun.*
                                --- J.R.R. Tolkien
Resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, and letters that get interviews
By-the-hour resume and LinkedIn coaching
Other professional writing services
Expensive! But good.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nuevo Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique