The greenway where I ride 90% of the time seems not to follow the weather
report to know what it’s supposed to be doing. No matter which direction I’m
going, I’m facing a headwind.

Just last Sunday I was thinking about how the headwinds seem to follow me like
the smoke of a campfire. I was preturbed by it; I mean, I was working too hard
to keep my pace!  I was having to use that (perfectly good) bend up front on my
Wavie bar just to keep my upper body sail from slowing me down further.

How stupid. I’d bet it was blowing no more than 12-15 mph. It was a gorgeous
day.  Saw the first red-headed woodpeckers of the year that day, and realized
how perfectly great the bike felt, very natural. Everything was where it needed
to be. Why think of pace?  Really?!

I really like the Deacon’s perspective - whatever’s there, go with it, have fun!

Tom

PS:  windproof outer shell, eye covering (prevents dry eyes and dirt), and a
geometry that allows just enough tuck while still being comfortable and
producing decent power.   That’s all I got, nothing earth-shattering.