I forgot to add, I swap between 42mm and 48mm tires on my Sam and I don't
notice the difference in standover - I think that is splitting hairs over
what's arguably the least important of the fit numbers. I would be
surprised if the newest batch of Sams doesn't grow a few mm in the top tube
lengths; the previous batches are quite squarely between drop bar and
upright bar fit, which I love because I can now run drops with a 5-6 cm
stem or albatross with a 11-12cm stem.  I get the sense though that the Sam
is not being considered a drop bar bike as much anymore by Riv, though I'm
just postulating.