On my first Riv, I had a B17.  It was fine, but I switched it to a flyer (a
sprung B17) and it was much more comfy.  To lighten my bike, I switched to
a Selle Anatomica the one without the cutout and I prefer that to the B17.
I also have one with the cutout and that is OK too.   The SA ones do come
back more than the B17.  I like all these saddles fine, but the Flyer is my
fav of the group. It just takes the edge off of unexpected bumps and dips
in the road, but it weights a pound more.  SAs are my next fav.

With all this said, none of these "disappear" below me.  Unfortunately, I'm
not rich enough to try all the ones I'd like to, including Rivit's Loveland
and the B67.  Check out Craig's list.  There's a lot of junk saddles
offered, but I see some good ones, too, and they go fast for a reasonable
price.

Also, keep an eye for sale saddles on each manufacturer's and reseller's
web pages.  When these get returned, they often go into the sale bin
without anything wrong with them.  Do a google search every night until you
find a lower than usual price.

Roberta