Hello All,

Since I've been *very* slowly getting into DIY framebuilding over the past
few years, and by way of it, trying to better understand why some
geometries work for me and my kind of riding over others, I have come to
appreciate the method of builders like Waltworks in terms of using
front-center as a guide for putting together a frame geometry with relation
to getting the rider's weight distribution the way they want it (i.e.
getting the bike to ride and fit the way one wants).

A corollary to this is that a builder might then use, like Waltworks the
following method (paraphrased):

   1. pick the trail you want
   2. pick where you want your wheels to be
   3. pick BB height
   4. make sure the person can then fit the bike in the desired position(s)
   through HT length, stem, bars, etc.

So my long-winded question is, with Grant's emphasis on getting more
upright and weight to the back while making the chainstays longer to
accommodate this, what might be the corresponding logic of making the
front-center length of the Susie/Wolbis almost so long? Is it a matter of
making the total wheelbase longer or a function of the slacker HT and
corresponding fork offset/trail), a combo? Perhaps I am wondering most
importantly is, what are the ride characteristics of such a choice? Does it
still handle in the way that most other high-trail bikes characteristically
do? I ask because I am really interested in this design, understand the
benefits of longer chainstays especially for my kind of more upright
position and preferred weight distribution, but have still found that my
favorite kind of bike that I have ridden so far has a longish rear-center,
lowish trail, and a  front-center about 10cm shorter than that of the
Susie. I am by no means a low trail evangelist, so  I guess what I am
looking for are some impressions in terms of front-end handling of the
bike?

Thank you all and please excuse (direct me to the discussions) if this has
been covered here before.