I rode Bridgestones back in the day, starting with my first new mountain
bike, an MB-4.  My local shop was a Bridgestone dealer so I saw all of
models come through over the years.  I eventually purchased an RB-2 as well
and pined away over the XO-1.   I loved the Bridgestone catalogs and
Grant's writing / philosophy on bikes and bike riding.  I broke the frame
on the MB-4 eventually and got a warrantied replacement at the tail end of
Bridgestone in North America.  This was a while after they were available
retail.  They replaced my MB-4 with an MB-2 frame and I rode that bike and
my RB for many, many years as my primary around-town and road bikes.  By
that time I was into suspension on my mountain bikes and went down that
rabbit hole for another decade or so.

I found this group in 2010 or so when I was getting disillusioned with my
big mountain bikes and the suspension arms race and was looking for a new
direction with my riding.  During this time my primary riding was commuting
to work and exploring the back roads where I live, all things better done
on a bike other than full suspension all mountain machines.  I finally made
the leap in 2017 when I found myself on good financial footing and bought
an Appaloosa.  An Atlantis followed that.  Then a Hillborne.  Then I traded
the Hillborne for a Susie.  Now a Gus on the way.  I sold my last modern
bike last year and used the funds to buy wheels and fancy bling for the
Appaloosa. Getting into Rivendells has totally changed how I think about my
bikes, bike riding, and how they fit into my life. I'm so glad to that I
just get to go casually exploring and wandering now instead of dressing up
and for a RIDE.  Bikes are a bigger part of my life than ever because they
are just something that fit into everything I do now, from getting
groceries to commuting to wandering the many trails in my local woods.

-Erik