Hi guys, I’m so glad so many of you commented.

Corwin asked why I load the heavy bike on the car rack. I have to take it
to the shop and now and then, so that is a lift. I lift it a little bit
onto the rack on the garage wall. Sometimes I want to drive to a ride with
The Lone Wolf and then I take it for that. And there will be times I travel
with it because I don’t want to risk the more precious red Platy or because
where I’m going requires some hauling of stuff. Like a tour? I’ll do one
with famous Pam Murray one of these summers…

But, originally the idea was what you said - ride the heavy bike for
errands. And I do, but I’m just getting tired of that wheel flop and the
heavy lifting. Actually, *unweildy* lifting - those bars want to swing out
of my grasp when I do lift the Platy onto the bike rack. The Ron’s bag on
the front leaves little real estate to grasp so the bars don’t swing.

Now, it is true that when you have a Hubbah Hubbah, you really aren’t
concerned about lifting it, so who cares about the heavy front or rear
rack. Totally agree and a great accessory to that bike. But the difference
between my two Platys is so noticeable and while I love the look of the
Basket Rack and its utility, I’m not sure I can keep it on there. I used to
ride a Betty Foy and I had a huge front rack and basket for my dog because
I was pulling a child on the back. It was just fine because I didn’t know
any other way, plus I loved the Betty SO much after riding a Walmart
Schwinn for so many years. But once I freed up that bike because my kid was
on his own and the dog had died (of old age), wow, what a difference.

Last night I found the elusive mount in the elongated length and ordered
it. A measly $5 and then shipping. I think I will try the bike with no
front rack. Instead, I could move the basket to the rear rack, have my
Backabikes on each side and then on the front would be my Ron’s Bag. That
is either a great plan or else I’m going to break the rear end of that
Platy by overloading it. What do we think about that plan, Group?

Leah