Takashi — the picture was taken in the evening, returning from a short
ride.

Nice snow pics, Dave!

Paul is right, we generally don't get a lot of snow. We definitely don't
have snow on the ground all winter. We can get a big storm with a couple of
feet every few years. Back in 1996 a blizzard rolled through and we were
out of school for over two weeks. That sort of thing is rare.

What happens frequently is we get between 3" and 6" and we don't have the
infrastructure or the driving knowledge to carry on and everyone does
stupid stuff and they don't know how to drive and it's a real mess.

Last winter we got a really gross and scary storm. Not a lot of snow but it
was very wet and heavy, unusual for our part of the country. A lot of stuff
broke like streetlights and power lines and transformers, which is not
typical. The snow also stuck to the foliage of evergreen trees in an
unusual way and many, many trees were felled by the snow accumulation and
lots of large branches lost. Just after the storm we could hear large
branches snapping from pine trees at the park nearby, loud explosive
cracks. The city and residents were still working on cleanup into the early
summer.