Matt,

I just saw this thread.  I had your exact same problem (compact double
crankset w/ 46-30 rings + front derailleur).  When shifting from small to
big,  it wouldn't or the chain would jump over onto the crankarm.  I was
sure I installed the correct front derailleur.

I examined the FD I installed and saw that it was my IRD *Alpina-d* for
triples (wrong one for this use-case).  OLD EYES, I'm guessing.  I dug out
my IRD *Sub-C *and, of course, all was right with the world - excellent
shifting with the compact crankset.  The IRD Sub-C
<https://www.interlocracing.com/shop/732003-ird-sub-c-front-derailleur-v2-double-braze-on-6827#attr=>

is just another potential solution for your crankset combo (unfortunately I
checked and it seems to be out of stock and is backordered at many
retailers).

Good luck,

Jeff
Claremont, CA