Hi everyone,

I need to replace my stock Rivendell front derailleur. Can someone please
recommend a good front derailleur?

Here’s my existing setup:

Appaloosa
Rivendell Silver crankset and 3 rings
Rear cassette: Shimano XTR 11-34T
Rear derailleur: Shimano Deore long cage

With the exception of the rear cassette, all of the components came stock
with the bike.

I picked up a Shimano Altus FD-M311 at the swap meet. Will this work for my
setup? Does a better option exist? Please let me know your recommendations,
advice, opinions, and experience!

Thanks, everyone.