Match was definitely after Joe Starck, my recollection is they were brought
online primarily because Joe could not keep up. While I was waiting for my
bike, so around ‘99, the match announcement was made. I think match was
making the relatively stock ones and Joe was making the more custom ones.
Mine is standard geometry, but custom tube selection, and I requested that
Joe make it if possible…

Regards, Doug

P.S.  I seem to recall that the match made bikes were brass brazed, the
first time for Rivendell frames, IIRC.