On Thursday, March 7, 2024 at 12:26:11 PM UTC-5 Bill Lindsay wrote:

All those wanting Rivendell to re-release bikes they made 10 years ago do
NOT have to turn in their Riv card, but they ARE outing themselves as PAWNS
of the T&D IC.  Resist the pressures of the Time and Date Industrial
Complex!

BL I feel like I understand where you're coming from in this thread and
largely I don't disagree with much of what you're saying but I think
there's a heaping good portion of "I got mine" in your perspective. Yes, I
do have whatever the reverse of FOMO is when it comes to Riv bikes (Sad I
Missed Out, SIMO?). I learned about Riv circa the late aughts while working
at Amoeba in Berkeley and riding my POS fixed gear bike (with Wald 808 bars
and front basket) everywhere. Dreamt of virtually every model at the time,
all of which were firmly out of reach with a record store employee
paycheck. Had I been able to afford a couple twos threes of their bikes at
the time I'd probably be hang up free about their current designs. But I
think we all want what we can't have, and (for a terrible comparison) I
lament plenty of other unfortunate changes like the reality of modern
pickup trucks as opposed to my first two, the Datsun 720 and Toyota 22RE.
Change may be constant but it's not always beneficial