I'll chime in that while the very long (54cm?) chainstays on some of the
frames introduce some storage concerns, they (the Platypus, for instance)
ride very, very nicely.

That said, I dislike the common (what, 41cm?) short chainstays far more
than I dislike the extended variety.

My chainstay sweet spot compromise may be more like 46cm, but I find myself
drawn to even longer.

What I haven't yet come to appreciate are large tires for road use, say,
anything over 35mm. The longer chainstay bikes, to me, start to look
nervous with narrower tires. I really like the looks of the Clem H, though.

Maybe there's more learning for me to appreciate the wider, heavier,
bouncier tread. But that's another topic.

- Chris