From: dvancl...@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:16:30 -0700
Subject: Re: [RBW] Fw:URL Odd small Riv on Ebay
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com

Joe,

I agree about the paint but I don't recall ever seeing any Riv with plain lugs.
 There are/were early ones around that don't have the first RBW crown, as the
initial testing revealed a flaw and some frames went out with HJ crowns.  Even
the early Rivs had the Sachs designed lugs to the best of my knowledge.  Most
curious...

Doug

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Joe Bartoe <jbar...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I hate to disagree....well, actually I kind of like to disagree. Anyway, if you
look around, you'll find that there are plenty of early Rivs that have paint
jobs that differ markedly from the current Riv aesthetic. I distinctly remember
one that was sort of a limey green metallic with yell head tube and lugfill.
And no, Joe Bell would never paint a non-Riv frame and then put Riv decals on
it. Also, after the first paintjob, Grant/Riv no longer controls the paint job
style choices so if it's a second paintjob, that would also explain the
difference.

I am a little confused by the poster not knowing the model, though. It would
seem that any Riv owner would know that. Then again, an early Riv would likely
not have had a model name as they started out kind of simply. It might have
just been a road frame.

Joe