FWIW, I've used 60 mm fenders on bikes with 60 mm + tires, and while
the sidewalls peak out from underneath the fenders still do a very
good job of keeping the slush and water and mud off me and the bike.
It seems that most of the throw-off is from the center of the tire --
I suppose the centrifugal force of the spinning tire "draws" the muck
up to the tire's center before chucking it out.

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Garth <garth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, I have some P50 fenders on my Bombadil, and I have a set of
> Michelin 2" XC AT tires that would be okay for the rail trail come
> snow time, but I wondered about using them with the 50mm fenders,
> since the Michelins are more or less the same width. This would only
> be for the snowy months, and my goal is only to keep some debris off
> me and the bike. There is plenty of fender height clearance available
> with the Bombadil, so I'm thinking it would be fine by just raising
> the fenders a bit. Sure, the width isn't perfect, but i think it's
> close enough. Does this sound OK or is there something I may have
> overlooked?

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact