I fill a plastic bucket full of warmish water (from the tap inside)
and splash it on the bike and its bits outside. Then wheel it into the
garage for drying and lubing. It forms a nice ice puddle in the back
when it's really cold outside. I only do this when I come home on a
wet day or a day when the salt coats the frame. I also Boeshield
throughout the winter and detail clean at least twice.