Hey Rick,

Just curious.  Not questioning your winter riding at all but where and how
do you wash your bike when it is that cold outside?  I can't seem to find
any place to do that.  Obviously it has to be brought into the house, yes?
I have no door that is close enough to the basement that the bike can make
the trip from outside to the basement where I would wash it without leaving
too much of its crud dripping off along the way.  I have no basement door so
I guess I am out of luck for the most part as far as washing it.  Thanks

John

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Rick Smith <com...@yehudamoon.com> wrote:

> Everyone's more polite on the road during the winter. Drivers
> included.
>
> I've put my Saluki through two Cleveland hellish winters (salt, snow,
> grime, and all) and it's made it just fine. Just take care of it after
> salty rides (wash down and a dry, then lube the chain) and it will be
> fine. The reason I have a Rivendell is so I will be riding the best
> ride in the worst conditions.
>
> YMMV.
>
> Rick
>
> On Oct 16, 7:11 pm, stevep33 <steve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Rollers make me crazy after an hour or so.  The weather has to be
> > rotten to make rollers preferable to riding outside.
> >
> > The Cross Check or similar (Pake C'mute, Soma DC, etc) is probably a
> > good bet.  Cheap and well made.  Room for fenders and studs.
> >
> > On Oct 16, 1:16 pm, Garth <garth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I've been riding rollers in the winters, but this year I'd like to get
> > > out on the road or tail some. I thought of putting together a
> > > sacrificial beater bike, but when you ride tall/long(62-63cm TT)
> > > frames, such things are rare to non existent.

John Blish
Minneapolis MN USA