I've been wondering...

Because a lot of Riv discussion seems to focus on pedaling free and
finding the perfect pedal for doing so, is there some reason BMX-style
pedals aren't more frequently considered?  I use the MKS RMX Sneaker
pedals, as do many of you, but I've often wondered about why so many
riders find their pedals to be either too short or not wide enough,
yet BMX pedals don't seem to be the preferred solution to either
issue.  There are some very well made and decent looking BMX pedals on
the market that look like they would solve all the shortcomings of
MKS, Grip Kings, etc.

Thoughts or experiences, anyone?