I agree that most pedals are either too short or too narrow, but BMX
pedals fix that.

BMX pedals for me. Wellgo MG-1's. I have 4 sets of them. They don't
have to be super heavy either, if that bothers someone, the MG-1's
have a magnesium body, 300-some grams. Large platform, great grip,
reliable. I bought silver ones on ebay from the seller Abaxo.

Who knows why people choose the pedals they do. The term BMX puts off
many I suppose. A pedal is a pedal though, who cares how it's
labeled .... get whatever works for the feet. I know I know .....
people care about the looks. Silly really, when do you ever look at
your pedals?