I've tried all three MKS pedals that Riv currently sells--GKs,
Touring, and Sneaker. Over the past couple of months I've rotated
around the various pedals on different bikes for different kinds of
riding--touring, long day rides, commuting, mixed terrain rides and
even a 200k brevet. All worked well but I think my favorite are the
Sneaker pedals.

While a lot of BMX pedals have better bearings than the MKS Seakers,
the Sneakers are priced really well and I like getting stuff through
Riv when possible.

I feel like I'm still trying to find the right shoe. For rides up to
50 miles my Vans work just fine but for longer rides I seem to develop
little hot spots from the grip pins on the Sneaker pedals. I've ridden
a bit in Tevas like Grant uses and they work well enough but are just
a bit wide for my pedaling style. It may be that I just need to use
some insoles to stiffen them up.

--mike