my point was intended to question the notions floating in this thread about
right/wrong, intentional/accidental that seem grounded in a sort of strange
sort of positivism grown from tired traffic laws based in patently false
traffic engineering theory.

i don't own a car, and i think most don't need to, but i am not
"car-bagging" with that comment. it's easy enough to demonstrably show the
ethics behind mode choice, and easy enough to ignore or justify action
beyond the demands of science.

at the end of the day, i think: go drive a bike for awhile, it'll help.

erik

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Steve Palincsar <palin...@his.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2010-12-11 at 18:55 -0800, newenglandbike wrote:
> > "motorists are always putting everyone else in harms way, diminishing
> > quality of life, contributing to health problems and increased
> > mortality, making everyone subsidize their actions through state and
> > federal taxes, necessitating wars in foreign countries for oil field
> > security, impelling oil-spill catastrophes in the seas, encouraging
> > rampant urban-sprawl development policies, contributing heavily to
> > localized air pollution, decreasing agricultural yields, reducing
> > atmospheric visibility, aggravating global climate instability,
> > creating noise pollution, and leaving behind 7 billion pounds of
> > unrecycled scrap annually, without consideration at all for their
> > actions."
>
> Enough already.  This list is not supposed to be about car-hating.
> There are other places for those sentiments.  Take it over there,
> please.

oakland, ca
bikenoir.blogspot.com