On Jan 7, 9:04 pm, PATRICK MOORE <bertin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know this topic is grossly OT, but the idea that carbs, even refined
> carbs, are somehow "bad for you" is just egregiously absurd: tell it
> to the Chinese, Indians, Native Americans, Italians and other groups
> whose principal source of food is grains of some sort or another. The
> Japanese have very long average life, and it isn't because they are
> scarfing down bacon and cheese.

and don't forget disease.  it's pretty well researched and clear at
this point which foods help prevent, fight or even help reverse
disease, including cancers and heart disease, and which foods increase
the risk for getting seriously sick.  if ever there was a final
arbiter of which foods are healthy and which are not, it's disease.

in any event, nutrition and health is simply too important to allow
others (especially those who stand to profit) to be making the calls.
life is better when we take ownership of our decisions, particularly
those that relate to our health.  and we are all perfectly capable of
choosing "health" on our own.  food isn't complicated.  life is.  but
food isn't.