I just bought a Selle An-Atomica LD Clydesdale saddle, mainly because
it was on sale for $133 and I'm intrigued by the design and that it's
MUSA. I'm wondering if I may have made a mistake by choosing this
saddle over the Berthoud, which I considered but deemed not worthy of
the higher cost.

I've been riding a B.17 for about 3000 miles so far and it seems to be
in real good shape and I am very comfortable on a B.17, but I'm
wondering if there is something better. My primary concerns are a ride
that is of maximum comfort, and I also want outstanding durability.
Can any Selle An-Atomica users vouch for it's longevity, and can
anyone compare the two (Berthoud & S.A)?

Although the B.17 has served me well so far, I am a little worried
about the longevity with a post-acquisition saddle, and I'm also
generally always looking for gear improvements. Is the verdict that
the Gilles Berthoud is the best bang for the buck, despite the higher
cost?

Also, my riding is always with the handlebars a few centimeters higher
than the saddle.