Liked the editorial, but disagree with one of GP's points.

I gave up cars completely and flying for all but work and emergencies
6 years ago because they are such wasteful modes of transit.  To me it
is a green choice.  I realize my actions mean very little with most
here in Chicago wtill in cars and O'Hare handling so much unnecessary
flying.

I believe my choices are the correct ones.  So I follow my conscious,
whether it fixes the planet or not.