Perspective.

I was born in the UK, grew up in Missouri, lived half of my life in
California, now in Texas.  Sometimes Texas acts like it is/wants to be
a separate country.  Toyota Tundras are advertised as "Made in Texas,
by Texans, for Texans."

Am I a member of the "Texas" group?
Am I a member of the "USA" group?
Am I a member of the "North America" group?
Am I a member of the "Earth" group?

I'm not suggesting one perspective is better or worse than another, I
guess our perspective depends upon where we want to draw the line
between "them" and "us".

Angus