I went with drops, and as this was my first Riv (QB Silver 60 cm) I asked
the folks at Walnut creek what size bars I should get.  I was drinking the
kool aid about a larger frame than I had ever ridden, and I went with the 48
cm Noodles they recommended.  I am 6'1" with a PBH of 86.5, and have a long
torso and arms.  The 10cm stem doesn't push the bars out too far, and it was
the most comfortable bike I had ridden to date.  I now have a RAM (60 cm)
and an 80's Bianchi Vittoria (61 cm) with 48 cm Noodles also.  There is
something about my hands being that far apart that is relaxing!  I have
changed a lot of things on my Quickbeam, but love the bars.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrivers/sets/72157618452191962/with/5154208506/