I made the exact switch you are describing. My Seven Rando bike had
Ruffy Tuffys which I loved. Great ride, no flats luckily after nearly
500 miles but they are so light and thin that I felt a flat was
inevitable. My riding has changed recently with me riding through
Boston at night and I didn't want to deal with changing a flat in
Roxbury at 11 PM, yikes. Plus, the Marathons have reflective
sidewalls.

The Marathons are nice and are hear to stay. My only gripes: They
claim to be 700 x 30 but actually measure just shy of 28 so they
actually have less volume than the Ruffy Tuffys. They fit more loosely
to the rim which always freaks me out but no issues. They tend to need
more pressure than the Ruffy Tuffys or they feel a little
unresponsive, probably because of the heavier casing. Plus, they don't
look as nice :)